I Need Help

Know that you are not alone. Help is available. New Hampshire (NH) has a strong community of resources and supports for anyone looking for help for themselves or a loved-one who is experiencing a substance misuse issue. The Partnership works in conjunction with the following resources.

If you or someone you know is experiencing an addiction-related crisis, call 211 now.

Otherwise, visit The Doorway-NH to get connected to the resources you need, including prevention and support services.

Call 211 NH for Statewide Support 24/7

211 NH is the connection for NH residents to the most up to date resources they need from specially trained Information and Referral Specialists. 211 NH is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Multilingual and hearing impairment assistance is also available.

For those outside of NH, please call 1-866-444-4211.

Visit The Doorway-NH to Find Resources Near You

The Doorway-NH can help whether you are seeking help for yourself or a loved one for issues with alcohol or drugs, or are looking for information. Wherever you live in NH and wherever you are on your journey, The Doorway will connect you to the supports and the level of substance misuse care that’s right for you or your loved one’s, including:

  • Screening and evaluation
  • Treatment, including Medication Assisted Treatment
  • Prevention, including naloxone availability
  • Supports and services to assist in long-term recovery
  • Peer recovery support services

Visit the website thedoorway.nh.gov or call 211 to connect to live support 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Find a Recovery Center Near You with NH Recovery Hub

The NH Recovery Hub website provides a list of local recovery centers and their contact information.

Call the SAMHSA National Helpline to Connect to Treatment or Information Services

The SAMHSA National Helpline, also known as the Treatment Referral Routing Service, is a free, confidential, 24 hour a day, 365 days a year treatment referral and information service for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders. Services are available in English and Spanish.

If you or someone you know needs help finding treatment or information on mental and/or substance use, please call 1-800-662-HELP (4357).

Locate Treatment Programs in NH Through SAMHSA Opioid Treatment Program Directory (by state)

The SAMHSA Opioid Treatment Program Directory (by state) website includes a list of opioid treatment programs in each state and their contact information.

Find Additional State Resources Via NH Bureau of Drug and Alcohol Services Resources

The NH Bureau of Drug and Alcohol Services (BDAS) offers three sets of resources for prevention, treatment, and recovery:

Substance Misuse Prevention Services

Substance Misuse Treatment Services

Recovery Support Services

For statewide referrals and information, call 2-1-1 or visit the NH Recovery Hub.

It’s okay to ask for help. If you or someone you love is in a crisis and needs immediate help, call 9-1-1. For other mental health and crisis resources, call one of these other crisis lines for help.

The Doorway

The Doorway NH

You Are Not Alone. Help is less than an hour away.

Strong As Granite NH

Strong As Granite

A platform raising awareness of the mental health and substance use support and resources available throughout NH. It’s part of a coordinated effort to bring help, hope, and healing to all Granite Staters.

603 Stories - “Make connections. Get help. Find hope.

NH Coalition Against Domestic & Sexual Violence

If you or a loved one are experiencing violence or abuse you are not alone. Caring advocates are standing by to listen and to help. Call the Statewide Helpline: 1-866-644-3574.

988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline

988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline

Text or call 988 for free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.

group seated for a meeting

Trans Lifeline

Call 1-877-565-8860 for a hotline staffed by transgender people for transgender people. Trans Lifeline volunteers are ready to respond to whatever support needs community members might have.

group seated for a meeting

Veterans Crisis Line

Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

group seated for a meeting

Disaster Distress Helpline

Call 1-800-985-5990 for a 24/7 national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster.

group seated for a meeting

The Trevor Project

A national 24-hour, toll free confidential suicide hotline for LGBTQ youth. If you are a young person in crisis, feeling suicidal, or in need of a safe and judgment-free place to talk, call 1-866-488-7386 to connect with a trained counselor.

603 Stories - “Make connections. Get help. Find hope.


Make connections. Get help. Find hope.