- This event has passed.
The Landscape is Getting Greener: A Series on the Current Science of Cannabis
January 26, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, cannabis use rates increased in 2020, with almost 50 million individuals 12 or older reporting use of cannabis in the past year. This increase is reflected in the state-specific data for HHS Region 8 in five of the six states (Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Utah). With this data in mind, the Mountain Plains ATTC is sponsoring a ten-part webinar series that will address and review the latest science for cannabis including: prevention and treatment issues; public policy; medical marijuana; and special populations and cannabis (adolescents, women and maternal health, older adults, and individuals with Serious Mental Illness). The webinar on March 30th will offer access to a national expert on cannabis and the opportunity to get specific questions answered live. Finally, a special session targeting professionals providing SUD treatment services will be offered on April 8th focusing on treatment planning and case management for clients with medical marijuana prescriptions.
Dates, Times, and Topics
All webinars are from 10 AM – 11:30 AM Mountain Time or 11 AM – 12:30 PM Central Time.
- December 1, 2021 – Cannabis Legalization: What Does it Mean for Public Health & Social Equity
- December 15, 2021 – The Neurobiology of Addiction and Prevention
- January 12, 2022 – Cannabis Misuse & Cannabis Use Disorder
- January 26, 2022 – Cannabis and Medical Marijuana Issues Panel
- February 9, 2022 – Cannabis and Physical and Mental Health-What do we (think we) know?
- February 23, 2022 – The Green Adolescent Brain
- March 9, 2022 – Older Adults
- March 23, 2022 – Cannabis & Maternal Health
- March 30, 2022 – Wrap-Up with Live Q&A
- April 8, 2022 – Treatment Planning and Case Management
Note: The events contained in this calendar are subject to change without notice by their respective organizers. Refer to each event's website for updates.