- This event has passed.
Resources for School-Based Behavioral Health Professionals During COVID-19
February 11 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
One event on February 11, 2022 at 1:00 pm
One event on February 18, 2022 at 1:00 pm
One event on February 25, 2022 at 1:00 pm
This is a four-part virtual training series on working with youth, parents, and other professionals during a global pandemic. This series will focus on mental health in uncertain times, thinking outside the box to support people virtually and in-person, and resource development for providers. Participants will gain resources, tools, and contacts to use while developing professional skills.
- Be able to identify and connect internally to how each worker is experiencing/feeling and what they are going through before, during, and after working with the youth.
- Provide practical tips to assess and address burn out, grief/loss, and crisis.
- Distinguish crisis from substance abuse and mental health symptoms while working with parents.
- Have tools to address needs of youth/parents who are living in rural areas and have limited access to care or specialists.
- Possess options and opportunities to reach out to resources and expertise on cultural knowledge, the LGBTQIA community, and educational opportunities not offered in their area.
- Feel more confident in alternative ways to connect with the youth when in person or virtual learning changes suddenly.
Note: The events contained in this calendar are subject to change without notice by their respective organizers. Refer to each event's website for updates.