- This event has passed.
Advancing Community Schools: Lessons Learned and Visions for the Future
March 9 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
About this event
In this panel, we will hear from the Director of the National Center for Community Schools, Abe Fernandez, about the Community Schools Framework—a way for schools to collaborate with local partners to meet the holistic needs of the whole school community. Leaders in the community schools movement in New England will also share their journeys, as well as the challenges they overcame, the lessons they learned, and their visions for a future where community schools are viable and vital options.
Meet Our Panelists:
- Abe Fernandez, Director, National Center for Community Schools for Children’s Aid (NY)
- Matthew DeBlois, Principal, Vergennes Union Elementary School (VT)
- Emily Mallozzi, Program Manager for Community Schools for Pawtucket School Department (RI)
- Dwayne Conway, Former Principal of Maranacook Community High School (ME)
- Rebecca Tatistcheff, EdD, Principal of Cabot School (VT)
- Martha Staeheli, PhD, Director, School Mental Health Initiative, New England Mental Health Technology Transfer Center
The New England MHTTC is funded by the Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and is part of MHTTC Network. For more information on our School Mental Health Initiative, visit us online.
Note: The events contained in this calendar are subject to change without notice by their respective organizers. Refer to each event's website for updates.