“Working together to reduce the problems
and create solutions on substance misuse in our region.”
South Central Regional Public Health Network's mission is to improve the health and safety of individuals, families and communities in our region through partnerships that ensure emergency preparedness, improve overall community health, and reduce substance misuse.
What We Do:
Engage people from education, businesses, local government, medical, safety, and anyone interested to participate in addressing substance misuse.
Work with substance misuse, behavioral health, and primary health providers to develop a continuum of care that includes prevention, early identification and intervention, treatment and recovery support services.
Mobilize the community to help reduce substance misuse among youth, young adults and across the lifespan with evidence-based prevention strategies like:
- Increase outreach and engagement in the region through a process of Appreciative Inquiry Interviews and thoughtful collaboration with multiple sectors to support prevention efforts and build capacity to address substance misuse issues and associated public health priorities as they emerge.Convene stakeholders and facilitate alignment to identify and connect services and expand available resources.
- Increase representation of all sectors on formal councils or Task Forces.
- Engage the business sector as a partner to help strengthen the region’s capacity to develop and secure resources supporting local and state efforts to reduce substance abuse.
- Increase awareness that qualitative and quantitative data, including the YRBS, is essential to inform effective prevention efforts and strategies and foster a culture that accepts this practice as a priority.
- Provide Technical Assistance that will improve prevention systems and support the achievement of network goals.
- Build capacity within the network to implement evidence based practices and programs for identified needs and priorities.
- Engage subject matter experts within each community to conduct education and safety forums that will enhance the knowledge about issues related to substance abuse and lead to increased participation and problem solving.
- Engage community sectors, including youth, to develop print and other health related media for wide-spread public distribution.
- Recruit champions that become the nexus for information dissemination and expansion of a highly informed and engaged prevention network.
How You Can Get Involved:
We need you to help build a healthier community. You may participate in workgroups, initiatives, planning processes or just getting on the mailing list for information. A representative from the Network will be available to meet with anyone interested in learning more and becoming involved.
Atkinson, Chester, Danville, Derry, Hampstead, Londonderry, Plaistow, Salem, Sandown, and Windham.