You are not alone. Making a decision to get help or to help someone is a big step. New Hampshire provides confidential resources and support for individuals seeking treatment and recovery services.
Whether you need help for yourself, a friend or a family member, or you need support in dealing with a loved one who is addicted you can contact:
New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, Bureau of Drug and Alcohol Services
- Phone: 603-271-6110
- Toll free: 800-804-0909
- Web Site: http://www.dhhs.nh.gov
- About: Provides prevention, treatment and recovery information.
For a substance abuse counselor
- Phone: 603-271-6109 (Daytime only)
- Toll free: 800-804-0909, press 1 (Daytime only)
- About: Provides confidential treatment and information resources for yourself or someone you know.
New Hampshire Smoker’s Helpline
- Toll free: 800-TRY-TO-STOP (800-879-8678)
- About: Offers free and confidential counseling
211 New Hampshire
- Phone: 211
- Toll Free: 1-866-444-4211
- TTY: 603-634-3388
- Web Site: http://www.211nh.org
- About: Connects callers to information about critical health and human services available in their community.
For a complete list of New Hampshire Alcohol and Drug Prevention and Treatment Services:
For further info: Signs of abuse
For further info: Does my friend have a problem?