What are cocaine and crack?
Cocaine is a drug that is extracted from the leaves of the coca plant. It is a white crystalline powder that can be snorted, smoked or injected. Crack is a purified form of cocaine that looks like small white chunks, or rocks. Cocaine and crack are powerfully addictive stimulants that can cause serious side effects.
Big C, Blow, Bump, Coke, Nose Candy, Rock, Snow, Yayo
Did you know?
- Combining cocaine and alcohol increases the risk of seizure and congestive heart failure.
- Smoking crack cocaine can lead to extremely aggressive, paranoid behavior.
- Use can increase heart rate and high blood pressure, and can lead to heart attack, stroke, seizures and, in rare cases, sudden death.
- Snorting cocaine can lead to the loss of the sense of smell, burned nasal membranes, sores in the nose, and nosebleeds.
- Users may feel restless and irritable, and can experience increased anxiety and vivid nightmares. Long-term use can lead to paranoia and aggression.
Signs of use:
- Nervousness, restlessness, and agitation
- High energy