Synthetic drugs are on the increase and easily available causing great harm to users! Even with current State and federal laws, these man-made forms of dangerous chemicals are available. Promoters on social network sites market these drugs as a safe way of getting high, but in reality they can cause great damage to the body and brain. These products are sold in head shops, convenience stores, tattoo parlors and on the internet as herbal incense, potpourri, bird attractant, plant food, bath salts, and labeled "not for human consumption," hiding their intended purposes. See fact sheets below for more information on synthetic drugs.
Effects Of Use
Synthetic Drugs can cause an array of harmful effects including agitation, anxiety or panic attacks, confusion, vomiting, elevated blood pressure and heart rate, tremor, seizures, kidney failure, heart attack, hallucinations, and paranoid behavior.
To make a difference and get involved with your family or your community, access some of these resources.
- Information to share at your home, business, school or community
- NH Data on Synthetic Drug: Spice, K2
- Synthetic Drug-Free Zone Poster for Businesses
- Synthetic Drug-Free Zone Poster for Communities
- Synthetic Drug-Free Zone Poster for Schools
- NH Regional Networks - Find out what is happening in your community.
- New Anti-Synthetic Drug Legislation - Download the actual bill that regulates the manufacture and sale of many synthetic drugs.
- New Futures- an advocacy group that can help guide your voice to the right legislators.
- Northern New England Poison Center
- Parents 360- from the Partnership @ Drugfree.org that can guide you through a familiarization of these products and teach you how to talk to your family and your community.
- Synthetic Drugs Powerpoint Presentation-
(right click and hit "Save Target As" to download to your computer)